Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Here's to a brighter second half of '09

The first half of 2009 is officially in the books and I have to say, it will be a memorable one for all the wrong reasons.

First came what seemed like endless snow followed by a washout of June (I think it rained 33 of the 30 days – that's how bad it was). On the personal front, I lost my grandfather to cancer and my job to the utterly crappy economy. Both happening within 24 hours of each other.

Obviously, things could have been worse. I have great health, wonderful family, the best dog in the world and a nice roof over my head. But, let's face it – the first half of 2009 sucked.

Beginning today, I am hoping things are upward and onward from here – both with the weather and on the personal front. To help change my luck, I am switching up my “avatar” that I use on all my social networks. Like a batter switching to a new piece of lumber, I am hoping the new avatar will bring good luck. So be on the lookout for this photo, taken by my talented photo buddy Karl, cropping up on a social network near you:

No comments:

Post a Comment